Sheriff Carmine Marceno's Safe Students, Safe School Initiative
"Safe Students, Safe Schools," was designed to ensure student safety from the moment each student leaves the home in the morning until the student's return that afternoon.
- In addition to raising awareness, the Lee County Sheriff's Office is raising funds, along with the Lee County School District, to make for safer school bus stops.
- The Lee County Sheriff's Office has increased patrols searching for those who violate bus stop sign laws. When a school bus is stopped and the sign is extended, dont' even think about passing.
- The Lee County Sheriff's Office has placed at least one School Resource Officer in every school. In addition to providing security in the schools, our deputies offer Explorer, Cadet and Junior Cadet programs and serve as mentors to the students that they serve.
- In February of 2019, we responded to 53 threats in our schools. Some were written on walls; some posted on social media. The Lee County Sheriff's Office created a public service announcement to educate students about the severe consequences associated with school threats. In March, the number of threats dropped from 53 to 9.
- The Lee County Sheriff's Office App now has a feature that allows for the user to submit a tip in Fortify Fl and report a bad bus stop. Download the app today!