Community Center Info
Occupancy for the Sylvan Lake Community Center is 150 people. We now have new tables and chairs, 12 round tables (60") that seat 8 people, 6 high top tables (42" x 30") and 120 chairs. We also have the old rectangle tables - eight 8' tables, three 6' tables, two 4' tables; and 40 folding cloth chairs available to use. No tables or chairs will be setup. You must set them up yourself. The kitchen is a commercial kitchen consisting of: microwave, range with 6 burners, oven, refrigerator, 3 compartment sinks and a garbage disposal. Attached is a drawing of the layout of the building with square footage of each room: Layout There are 73 parking spaces with 4 handicapped spaces.
Click here to view the Renters Checklist to see the general requirements for leaving the building after a rental .
Special Community Events
A request to conduct an event on park property for the residents of the City, to promote good health and encourage community involvement, may be administratively approved by the City Manager if all of the following conditions are met:
- The applicant is a local civic organization, school, library, local business, or resident of Sylvan Lake.
- The event is open to the public and is specifically intended for the benefit of the residents of the City of Sylvan Lake.
- The event involves less than two hundred (200) attendees at one time.
- The event will be located in or disrupt a limited park area.
- The event will not require significant parking lot or road closures.
- The property used will be left in the same or better condition than before the event.
As part of an approval, a limited number of outside vendors (e.g., food trucks) may be permitted as determined by the City Manager on the basis of the purpose and scope of the proposed event. Because it is the intention that this provision relates to public events on public property, no fee or separate insurance shall be required. Click here for the application