Councilman Sheldon Stewart
District 1 | Term: 2020-2024
Sheldon Stewart moved to Riverton as a young boy in 1981 with his family. He attended Riverton Elementary, Oquirrh Hills Middle School, and Bingham High School.
Sheldon received Associate of Science degrees in environmental sciences and business management, a Bachelor of Science degree in finance, and an MBA in global management. During the past 20 years, he has worked in the banking, software, and healthcare industries. He currently works as an executive at a local bank.
Sheldon and his wife Heather have three children, a son-in-law and daughter-in-law. Shayla their oldest graduated with a Bachelors in Digital Design and Gaming Animation from UVU. Braeden is at USU pursuing a degree in Computer Science, and his wife Cora just completed a Bachelors in English from USU. Carli has an Associate Degree from USU and her husband Alec is pursuing a degree in Engineering.
Boards and Committees
- Riverton City Council, District 1, Mayor Pro Tempore
- Redevelopment Agency of Riverton City (RDA)
- Riverton Law Enforcement Service Area (RLESA), Board Member, Vice Chair
- Riverton Fire Service Area (RFSA), Board Member
- Unified Fire Authority, Board Member