COVID-19 Hotline & Symptoms
If you're worried you are displaying symptoms of COVID-19, or have questions about the virus, please call the Utah Coronavirus Information Line at 800-456-7707 rather than visit a hospital or doctor's office.
Stop the Spread of COVID-19
Riverton City encourages all residents to head the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention guidelines and the Utah Coronavirus Task Force on actions you can take to stop the spread of COVID-19.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing, or having been in a public place. If soap and water are not available, use a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol.
- To the extent possible, avoid touching high-touch surfaces in public places – elevator buttons, door handles, handrails, handshaking with people, etc. Use a tissue or your sleeve to cover your hand or finger if you must touch something.
- Avoid touching your face (eyes, nose, mouth, etc).
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Clean and disinfect your home to remove germs: practice routine cleaning of frequently touched surfaces.
- Avoid all non-essential travel.
- Practice social distancing by staying at least 6 feet away from other people.
- Wear a face covering when you cannot be adequately distanced from others.
- July 21: Rescheduled Riverton Town Days Now Cancelled Due to COVID-19 Risk
- July 9: Riverton City, South Valley Chamber Launch Program to Provide Free Masks to Businesses; Encourage Businesses to Stay Safe to Stay Open
- June 29: Watch this Mayor's Minute video to learn the importance of wearing face coverings.
- June 26: Salt Lake County Mayor Jenny Wilson issued a public health order mandating the wearing of face coverings in public to combat the spread of COVID-19.
- May 16: Organized team sports may resume, following yellow-risk phase guidelines.
- May 16: Riverton City playgrounds, pavilions and skate park re-open to public use, following yellow-risk phase guidelines.
- May 14: Governor Gary Herbert announced most of Utah will move to the yellow or low-risk phase in the state's COVID-19 response on Saturday, May 16.
- May 5: The Riverton City Council postponed Town Days until fall 2020.
- April 14: Riverton Economic Recovery Initiative Announced by Mayor Trent Staggs
- March 29: Salt Lake County Issues New COVID-19 Public Health Order; Closes Some Businesses
- March 28: Trans-Jordan Landfill Announces Closure Except for Essential Haulers - Effective March 30, 2020
- March 27: Utah Governor Issues "Stay Safe, Stay Home" Directive
- March 27: UTA Announces Service Reductions - Effective April 5, 2020
- March 27: Riverton City Encourages Residents to Support Local Restaurants
- March 20: Riverton Mayor Issues Statement on Salt Lake County Order to Restrict Public Gatherings
- March 19: Riverton City Lifts Temporary Signage Ordinance for Businesses
- March 17: Riverton Mayor Declares Local State of Emergency
- March 17: Mayor Staggs authorized the Riverton City Senior Center Bus, in coordination with Salt Lake County and the Riverton Senior Center, to deliver meals to the seniors who would normally ride the bus to the senior center. Meals will be left on doorsteps each weekday, beginning on March 17.
- Mayoral Directive to City Employees - Issued Thursday, March 12
- Resident Advisory on COVID-19 - Issued Thursday, March 12
- CANCELLED: Riverton Arts Council Production of Once on this Island, Jr
- POSTPONED: Bangerter Construction Meet the Contractor Open House | Tuesday, March 17
- CANCELLED: Riverton City CERT Training | Wednesday, March 17
- CANCELLED: Localscapes University | March 18, March 25
- CANCELLED: QPR Suicide Prevention Training | Thursday, March 19
- POSTPONED: Not Your Parents Art Show | Monday, March 23
- CANCELLED: Weather Spotter Training | Monday, March 23
- CANCELLED: Riverton City Planning Commission Meeting | Thursday, March 26
- POSTPONED: Riverton Half Marathon & 4Life 5K | Saturday, March 28
- CANCELLED: Healthy Living Workshop | Monday, April 6
- CANCELLED: Teen Flashlight Egg Hunt | Friday, April 10
- CANCELLED: Riverton Bunny Hop | Saturday, April 11
- CANCELLED: QPR Suicide Prevention Training | Thursday, April 16
- POSTPONED: Miss Riverton Scholarship Competition | Saturday, May 9
- CANCELLED: Medieval Knight | Friday, May 15
- CANCELLED: Concerts in the Park
- CANCELLED: Friday Fun Nights (market and outdoor movies)
- CANCELLED: Riverton Town Days Events
Click here to view COVID-19 business resources.
If you notice incidents of price gouging happening, please contact the Utah Division of Consumer Protection toll-free in Utah by calling 800-721-7233.
Vulnerable Populations & Service Opportunities
- Gospel Hope Church, Hope and Help Initiative
- Saint Andrew Food Pantry
- Salt Lake County Meals on Wheels
- South Valley Services
- United Way 2-1-1
- Utahns Against Hunger
- Volunteer with Salt Lake County Aging and Adult Services
If you know of an effort or organization that should be listed here, please email Casey Saxton at email@example.com.