The polling place for all residents of the City of Algoma is the Council Chambers at City Hall, 416 Fremont Street, Algoma, WI 54201. Please contact the City Clerk's office for more information at 920-487-5203 or stop in the office.
What if I have changed my name or address since I last voted?
To change your name and/or address you will need to complete a new Voter Registration Application. Attach on form of acceptable proof of residence or proof of the name change and mail to the Office of the City Clerk. You are also welcome to personally visit the City Clerk's office to make the necessary changes to your voter registration record. Feel free to call 920-487-5203 if you have any questions.
- Voter Registration Application - Click here to download
- Anyone wishing to vote in the City of Algoma has several options to register: online, in-person, by mail, or at the polling place on Election Day.
Important: A copy of proof of residence must be included when submitting the voter registration application by mail, when registering to vote at the Clerk's office, and when registering to vote on Election Day.
- IN PERSON: Register in the City Clerk's office any weekday 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. and up to 5:00 p.m. on the Friday before the election.
- BY MAIL: Complete the Voter Registration Application. Print the form, BE SURE TO SIGN AND DATE THE FORM, and mail to the City Clerk's Office along with a copy of an acceptable proof of residence. You may register by mail until the 3rd Wednesday preceding the next election.
- AT THE POLLING PLACE ON ELECTION DAY: If you wish to register to vote at your polling place, you must bring acceptable proof that you have lived at your present location for 10 days preceding the election. Examples of this document can be found on the reverse side of the Voter Registration Application or below under Proof of Residence.
- ONLINE: Register to vote online at myvote.wi.gov.
Acceptable Proof of Residence - Click here to download
- Absentee Ballot Request Form - Click here to download
- Any qualified elector who is unable or unwilling to appear at the polling place on Election Day may request to vote an absentee ballot. To obtain an absentee ballot you may:
- Personally come to the City Clerk’s office to cast an absentee ballot during the specified days and hours preceding the election, or
- You can make a request in writing and we will mail you an absentee ballot. The written request must include your voting address within the City of Algoma, the address where the absentee ballot should be sent, if different, and your signature. State Law currently requires a photo ID in order to receive a ballot. Please include a copy of your valid photo ID with your request. You can also print our Absentee Ballot Request form. If you use this form, remember to sign and date the form prior to submitting it by mail.
- You may also make a request by email containing the information as stated in number 2 (above) and attach a copy of your photo ID to the email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- You may also request an absentee ballot online at myvote.wi.gov.
The deadline for submitting an absentee request by mail is 5:00 p.m. on the Thursday preceding the election. The deadline for voting an absentee ballot in the Clerk's Office is 5:00 p.m. on the Friday preceding the election.
All voted absentee ballots must be returned to the Clerk’s Office by 8:00 p.m. on Election Day in order to be counted.