Interested in Locating to the Village of Chesaning, Saginaw County, MI, USA?
Chesaning is located in the southern portion of Saginaw County, Michigan. The Village was incorporated in 1869 and is approximately three (3) square miles in size with the Township surrounding it. The Shiawassee River traverses south=north through the Village and Township. The Chesaning community has a total population of 4,626 (2013 Census) with 2,313 in the Village and 2,312 in Chesaning Township.
The historic downtown, established residential neighborhoods, and the Shiawassee River help create a charming small town atmosphere with a distinct sense of place. The Chesaning Union School District includs all or portions of 10 townships in Saginaw County and extends into Shiawassee County. The district covers approximately 200 square miles and is the largest (geographic) school district in the County.
The primary transportation route is State Highway M-57, which traverses east-west through Township and the center of the Village. State Highway M-52 is the primary north-south transportation corridor on the western edge of the Township. The Village is approximately 18 miles west of I-75. The Howard Nixon Memorial Airport is a publicly owned airport located in the southwestern portion of the Village. The Tuscola and Saginaw Bay Railroad travels southwest to northeast through the Village and Township.
More Reasons to Locate in Chesaning, Saginaw County, MI, USA - part of the Great Lakes Bay Region
Pulled from a recent list of site selection factors, let our administrative staff show you what Chesaning & Saginaw County has to offer.
- Highway accessibility - Interstate 75 connects you to the US, Canada and Mexico
- Cost structure - Consistently one of the most affordable communities in the U.S.
- Skilled labor – Generations of manufacturing expertise, 12 educational institutions in the region with training closely aligned with labor demand
- State and local incentives – Business friendly communities offering FREE shovel ready sites, local abatements and infrastructure grants and new state incentives providing grants and loans for business development
- Available land and buildings - Online property database, shovel ready property, large sites identified
- Energy availability - Robust infrastructure in place
- Proximity to major markets - Ann Arbor, Grand Rapids, Detroit, Chicago, Canada, Midwest
- World leader in electronic power steer, polycrystalline silicon and R&D
- Health Care - Home to five major hospital facilities that provide a wide array of medical services
- Quality of Life - 541 acres of park land, 26 public & private golf courses, 82-acre trail system
For More Information, please contact the Village Office at 989-845-3800 or the Village Administrator at firstname.lastname@example.org.